Requirements and Funding
Thinking of completing a summer fellowship? The first thing a Bonner should do is read over the stipend and summer fellowship requirements.
Bonner Scholar summer fellowship applications can now be found on SpiderConnect. The following instructions will guide you through the process.
1. First, know that the application is very detailed. Collecting as much information (contact info, expenses, etc.) as possible ahead of time will be helpful. In addition, you’ll need a career services approved resume to complete the application. To have your resume approved by career services, schedule an appointment with a career services staff member.
2. To begin the online application process, go to careerservices.richmond.edu.
3. Click on the “SpiderConnect: Opportunities and Events Databse” menu button in the middle of the page.
4. Log into SpiderConnect with your university ID name and password.
5. If this is your first time logging into SpiderConnect, it will ask you to fill out your profile and upload a resume. Please fill out both your personal and academic profile, and upload a career services approved resume. (You must have a career services approved resume to successfully complete the application.)
6. Next, search for the “Bonner Scholar Summer Fellowships” by typing “Bonner” into the search box on your SpiderConnect homepage.
7. The search function may bring up multiple opportunities, but only two of the opportunities will appear as the “Bonner Scholar Summer Fellowship.”
8. Next, choose the summer fellowship that best describes your intentions. If you are applying to a partner organization outside of the US, please select the “Non-USA” application. To do so, select the small grey “apply” button.
9. Thoroughly read all of the information describing the opportunity.
10. Select the hyperlink that says “Bonner Scholar Summer Fellowship Information Form” and begin the first phase of the application process.
11. Once you have completed the information form, return the to the SpiderConnect application and click the large grey “Apply” button in the top right hand corner. This button will prompt you to upload your career services approved resume.
12. Congratulations, you’re done!
Here are important 2013 Summer Fellowship dates for you to remember:
- Summer Fellowship Application (Non-USA) – Friday, February 22
- Summer Fellowship Application (USA) – Wednesday, March 20
- Summer hour log and partner evaluation – Monday, August 12
Resources for finding a partner organization.