Legacy has a unique opportunity to share with Richmond University/Bonner Center students. Legacy International, along with the U.S. State Dept and the U.S. Embassy in Saudi Arabia is administering the Saudi Young Leaders Exchange Program (SYLEP). SYLEP is hosting 34 undergraduate Saudi students in the U.S. for a 3-week exchange program. Twelve (12) Saudi students and two peer mentors will be in Richmond from . We are inviting six (6) U.S. undergraduate students to apply to become peer mentors for the Saudi participants. Peer mentors will:
- serve as hosts for 10 to 12 Saudi university students; this includes accompanying the group during all events (meetings, trainings and service projects).
- Orient the Saudi participants to local campus life
- Help process and guide the Saudi students’ understanding of how volunteerism is viewed and organized in the U.S.
- opportunity to engage with young adult leaders from a different culture and gain new insights
- increase their cultural competency
- develop and expand their leadership skills.