A program of UR School of Professional & Continuing Studies
Partners in the Arts (PIA) offers semester, project, and Joan Oates Institute based internships.
All internships with PIA are unpaid.
This enriching opportunity is available to students and recent graduates
interested in gaining experience with an education program focusing on arts
Depending on your interests and skills work will include assisting in or with:
• the day-to-day operations of a university program
• development of workshops or sessions
• helping to manage the PIA Award grants
• marketing and social media communications
• documenting projects (we need photo/video for JOI 2014!)
• interacting with current K-12 teachers working on integrated unit plans and
projects at their schools.
Knowledge of lesson plan writing is helpful, but not required, and an interest in
teaching the practice of creativity and in cross-curricular teaching methods using
the arts is preferred.
Skills (2 or more preferred)
Positive and effective people skills, photography/video skills, social media experience, capacity to manage projects, shepherding, copy writing skills, Microsoft Office, video editing.
1. Complete and submit the online application form. http://bit.ly/LGtRUj
2. Submit a cover letter and resume to: Rob McAdams, Program Manager email@example.com.
For more information or to ask any questions, please contact Rob using the e-mail address above or call 955-4012.