Volunteers for China, (VFC), a Christian humanitarian charity, based in Maryville, TN is seeking Christian college students and adults to serve in an English ministry in China. VFC has openings during July 2012, but can place volunteers at anytime during the year, if one is flexible. We are expecting airline tickets to be higher than last year, so we encourage those who are guided to serve to contact us soon. http://www.volunteersforchina.org/documents/bulletin.pdf
Here’s a quick summary:
• The summer programs take place on July 7 to August 6 and July 11 to July 30, 2012.
• No one needs to speak Chinese to be able to teach English or to be a teaching assistant in China.
• You will serve on a team with a leader who has been to China before.
• We have lessons plans that can be adapted for personal teaching styles.
• You need to prayerfully decide if you want to serve three or four weeks in China.
o The four week program will start with departure from the USA on July 7 and return to the USA on August 6. 2012. The program cost is $ 1600 plus the round trip air fare.
o The three week programs will start in July and VFC may have 3 or 4 programs starting with a July 11, 2012 departure and return on July 30. The cost for a 3 week program is $ 1300 plus the round trip air fare.
• We help you with buying air tickets, Chinese visa, and emergency medical insurance.
• You will be met at the airport when you arrive in China.
• While in China you are to help Chinese college students or middle school teachers improve their spoken English, make friends/build relationships, and encourage Chinese believers by worshiping with them each Sunday.
• It is very important to have at least three prayer partners at home who will remember you daily in prayer.