- To understand Hurricane Irene’s path, damage, and effects in Richmond and in Virginia
- To identify characteristics of an ideal disaster relief response
- To track the real– or actual– disaster relief response in Richmond post Hurricane Irene
- To create a tool that maps all relief efforts and that can be used as a reference
- Once in groups, select 1-2 sectors on which to focus. Sectors include: religious organizations, nonprofits, government, business, personal networks (friends, family, and neighbors).
- Explore websites and record actual relief efforts offered by your chosen sector(s). Insert findings into the Hurricane Irene Assistance spreadsheet. We will organize these resources for public reference on this page.